Frequently Asked Questions
- I don’t have a stage talent—can I still enter? Yes, our pageant does not have a talent competition.
- I have no pageant experience—can I still enter? Yes. We provide training workshops and provide resources for contestant preparation. Celestial Pageant is committed to each contestant’s success the day of the pageant and beyond.
- Is there a swim suit round? - No, but there is a fitness round and is conducted in conservative sports wear/track suit.
- Can I get sponsors to cover my expenses? Yes, in fact we encourage all of our contestants to seek sponsors to help defray pageant expenses. Not only does this decrease your out-of-pocket costs, but it’s also a great way for you to promote your platform in your community. Please Note : Celestial Pageants and/or Mrs Universe LTD. Pageants do not bear any responsibility for any sponsorship liabilities on your behalf.
- How difficult is it to collect sponsorship? Collecting sponsorship is easy to do, however it does take some time commitment on your part. It is highly recommended that you make a list of potential sponsors such as friends, family members, employers, people you do business with, etc. and spend a few hours on the weekend or when your schedule allows you to collect your sponsorships. Be sure to go in person to talk to your potential sponsor. Let the sponsor know what your platform is and why you are passionate about it. Going out and talking to sponsors is a great way to help you prepare for interview. The sponsor may have some of the same questions a Judge would ask.
- Do I need a professional headshot? Yes, we require a professional photo for the judges’ notebook, pageant program and pageant website. All photos must have a solid white background.
- Are there height and weight requirements? The Celestial Pageants have no height or weight stipulations. We know that exceptional young ladies come in all shapes and sizes. The Celestial Pageants do showcase the importance of a healthy lifestyle in the fitness wear portion of the competition.
- What age group competes in the Mrs. India USA - Universe Pageant? To compete, the contestant must be between the ages 18 and 55, and married for six months as of August 1st of the competition year.
- What kind of questions will the judges ask me? The judges' job is to get to know you and your individual personality. They will be asking you questions that come from your application and platform page. The Judges are trying to learn more about you and your platform. No religious or political questions are allowed unless it directly correlates with your platform.
- What is a platform? A platform is a cause or issue that is near or dear to your heart. Each contestant in the Celestial Pageants will select a platform along with her views on Domestic Violence which she will spend the year promoting if selected as a Queen. There is no right or wrong platform, as long as it's an issue that you are passionate about.
- What time commitment is involved in being a title-holder? You may devote as much (or as little) time as you desire and are able to in regards to promoting your title and making appearances. We request that each title-holder make at least one appearance a month, but this will vary from Queen to Queen based on each title-holder's individual schedule.
- If I win, will it interfere with work/family? We make work/family the number one priority! Most of your appearances take place during the weekend and can be scheduled in advance.
- Can I have a friend enter the pageant with me? Yes, absolutely. In fact, we encourage it!
- Who are the Judges? Nice try! You will find out during your interview.
- What if my questions was not answered or listed above? If you did not find the answer to your question above, please don't hesitate to contact us...we're always happy to help. You may e-mail the Directors at email@example.com